First Impression: Blackberry Classic

10/21/2014 10:47:00 AM


All photos in this blog post courtesy of http://crackberry.com/blackberry-classic-caught-yet-again-time-some-hq-images

I've been so accustomed to user-friendly Nokia gadgets (last one I had was an e72) that I got my hands on a BlackBerry phone only 3 years ago. I think there's no other mobile device that would fit my lifestyle any better.

While most of my friends and colleagues laugh at me for choosing to stay with this brand, I think that the recent BlackBerry 10 units are very promising. I get the native features that I love, plus I get to use other applications not available in our store since the new OS include support for the direct installation of Android apps.

I used to own a Bold 9780 and now I've been using a BlackBerry Q10 for more that a year. Sure, a lot of people are raving about the weird-looking BlackBerry Passport but not me!

Picture for size comparison. Blackberry Classic (left) and BlackBerry Q10 (right)

I used to dream about owning a BlackBerry Bold 9900. It's sleek, professional and very elegant. The BlackBerry Classic combines the aesthetics of a Bold 9900 and the power of a Q10.


For those who missed the Nav keys on their BlackBerry 1o units, the BlackBerry Classic brings back that awesome feeling of being able to scroll using the track pad and the rest of the Nav Key features, just like those legacy devices back in the day.

Forums show a great deal of people not liking this unit because the hardware specifications are not very promising. Others complain that this device might have an internal battery. My opinion on that: if iPhone users can deal with a non-removable batteries, so can we! So what if you're on the go and can't carry an extra battery? Use a power bank instead. If there's a will, there's a way.

Final specs have not been rolled out yet, so who knows? Maybe they'd consider changing it. For the meantime, enjoy these pictures of the BlackBerry Classic as not a lot have surfaced yet:


Blackberry Classic (left) and BlackBerry PassPort (right)









Blackberry Classic (left) and BlackBerry PassPort (right)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Zalora Philippines

Zalora Philippines

Zalora Philippines