Product Review: Ahglow Keratin Hair Protek (Hortaleza Series)

7/21/2015 04:53:00 AM


Hortaleza is known to be one of, if not the pioneer for beauty and wellness stores here in the Philippines. Fellow kikays will surely understand why I feel like a child inside a candy shop whenever visiting a branch. I must admit, aside from Watson's, this is my happy place. I ran out of heat protecting spray so I decided to purchase the Ahglow Keratin Hair Protek hair spray during a recent trip to Hortaleza. After several uses, here's my personal opinion on this product:


For Php173 you get 120 mL of product. It promises to restore keratin; help repair/seal damaged tresses; and make the hair smooth, silky, shiny and straight. The "straight" part is obviously not true. This product will not make your hair straight.


The instructions are quite simple. It says: "after relaxing the hair rinse and blow dry. Spray Keratin Hair Protek all over the hair and comb to spread evenly. Blow dry very well, then iron hair.


While some spray nozzles start malfunctioning after several uses, surprisingly this one didn't after heavy pumping.

Pros:
  • Inexpensive
  • Easy to use
  • Smells decent
  • Mist is very fine and even - distributes product evenly
  • Hair looks healthier when used prior to heat styling
  • Significantly reduced static
Cons:
  • Hair feels a little heavy
  • Has devolumizing effects

Overall rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Note: Effects may vary depending on hair type, condition, length, and other external factors.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the fact that I can't use it within two months after rebonding as it makes my hair look stick-straight due to the cons I listed above. Looks like I'm going to have to find an alternative for that specific period. Otherwise, I am very pleased with the results after using it. Definitely something that should have space on your racks!

Do you experience the same pros and cons when using this product? Comment below! Click here to read my review on TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave-in Spray.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Zalora Philippines

Zalora Philippines

Zalora Philippines